McAfee Professor of Engineering
- National Technical University of Athens, Greece, combined BSEE and BSME, 1965
- George Washington University, MSEE, 1969
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, PhD, Electrical Engineering, 1971
Dr. Bertsekas has been a faculty member at MIT since 1979. He has also held faculty positions at Stanford University and in the electrical engineering department at the University of Illinois, Urbana. His research spans several fields, including optimization, control, large-scale computation, and data communication networks, and is closely tied to his teaching and publishing activities. He has written numerous research papers and fourteen books, several of which are used as textbooks in MIT classes.
- Large-scale Optimization
- Nonlinear Optimization and Convex Analysis
- Dynamic Programming and Stochastic Control
- Parallel and Distributed Algorithms
BOOKS AND BOOK CHAPTERS
- Dynamic Programming and Optimal Control, Vols. I and II, 2007
- Convex Analysis and Optimization, 2003
- Introduction to Probability, Athena Scientific, 2002; 2nd Edition, 2008
- Nonlinear Programming, 1999
- Network Optimization: Continuous and Discrete Models, 1998
- D. P. Bertsekas and H. Yu, “Projected Equation Methods for Approximate Solution of Large Linear Systems,” 2008, to appear in Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics.
- D. P. Bertsekas, “Extended Monotropic Programming and Duality,” JOTA, 2008, vol. 139, pp. 209-225.
- D. P. Bertsekas, “Dynamic Programming and Suboptimal Control: A Survey from ADP to MPC,” in, European Journal of Control: Fundamental Issues in Control, vol. 11, nos. 4-5, 2005; from 2005 EDC-CDC Conference, Seville, Spain.
- D. P. Bertsekas, and P. Tseng, “Set Intersection Theorems and Existence of Optimal Solutions,” Lab for Information and Decision Systems Report 2628, MIT, Nov. 2004; rev. August 2005; Math. Programming J., vol. 110, 2007, pp. 287-314.
- D. P. Bertsekas, A. E. Ozdaglar, and P. Tseng, “Enhanced Fritz John Conditions for Convex Programming,” Lab for Information and Decision Systems Report 2631, MIT, July 2004; SIAM Journal on Optimization, vol. 16, 2006, p. 766.