Principal Research Scientist
- Sharif University of Technology, BSc, Civil Eng., 2000
- University of Virginia, MS, Mechanical and Aerospace Eng., 2003
- MIT, PhD, Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2008
Mardavij Roozbehani is a principal research scientist at the Laboratory for Information and Decision systems (LIDS). He received the Ph.D. degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from MIT (2008), focusing on developing a control theoretic framework for verification of software systems. Between 2008 and 2011 he held postdoctoral and research scientist positions at LIDS. His main research interests include distributed and networked control systems, software and finite-state systems, and dynamics and economics of power systems with an emphasis on robustness and risk. Dr. Roozbehani is a recipient of the 2007 AIAA graduate award for safety verification of real-time software systems.
Books and Book Chapters:
- M. Roozbehani, A. Megretski, E. Frazzoli, and E. Feron. “Distributed Lyapunov Functions in Analysis of Graph Models of Software”. In Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 4981, Springer 2008, pp 443-456.
- M. Roozbehani, E. Feron, A. Megretski. “Modeling, Optimization and Computation for Software Verification”. In Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3414, Springer 2005, pp 606-622.
- M. Roozbehani, A. Megretski, E. Feron. "Optimization of Lyapunov Invariants in Verification of Software Systems." IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, To Appear, March 2013.
- M. Roozbehani, M. A. Dahleh, and S. K. Mitter. "Volatility of Power Grids under Real-Time Pricing." IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, November, 2012.
- C. R. Knospe, and M. Roozbehani. "Stability of Linear Systems with Interval Time Delays Excluding Zero." IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Volume 51, Issue 8, Aug. 2006, Page(s):1271 – 1288.
- Q. Huang, M. Roozbehani, and M. Dahleh. "Efficiency-Risk Tradeoffs in Dynamic Oligopoly Markets– with Application to Electricity Markets", to appear in the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2012.
- D. Materassi and M. Roozbehani. "Equilibrium Price Distributions in Energy Markets with Shiftable Demand", to appear in the IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2012.
- A. ParandehGheibi, M. Roozbehani. A. Ozdaglar, and M. Dahleh. "The Reliability Value of Storage in a Volatile Environment." In Proc. of the 2012 American Control Conference, June 2012, Montreal, CA.
- A. A. Ahmadi, R. Jungers, P. A. Parrilo, and M. Roozbehani. "When is a Set of LMIs a Sufficient Condition for Stability?", In the 7th IFAC Symposium on Robust Control Design, June 2012.
- M. Osqui, A. Megretski, and M. Roozbehani. "Lower Bounds on the Performance of Analog to Digital Converters". In 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2011, pp 1036-1041, December 2011, Orlando, FL.
- M. Roozbehani, A. Faghih, M. Ohannessian, and M. A. Dahleh. "The Intertemporal Utility of Demand and Price-Elasticity of Consumption in Power Grids with Shiftable Loads". In 50th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2011, pp 1539-1544, December 2011, Orlando, FL.
- A. A. Ahmadi, R. Jungers, P. A. Parrilo, and M. Roozbehani. "Analysis of the Joint Spectral Radius via Lyapunov Functions on Path-Complete Graphs". In Hybrid Systems: Computation and Control: HSCC 2011, New York, NY, USA, April 2011, ACM, pp 13-22.
- A.A. Ahmadi, R.M. Jungers, P. Parrilo, and M. Roozbehani. "Piecewise Polynomial Lyapunov Functions with Guaranteed Accuracy". In 2010 IEEE 26th Convention of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEEI), pp 000430, November, 2010.
- M. Roozbehani, M. Dahleh, and S. Mitter. "Dynamic Pricing and Stabilization of Supply and Demand in Modern Power Grids". In Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), First IEEE International Conference on, pp 543-548, October 2010, Gaithursburg, MD.
- M. Osqui, A. Megretski, and M. Roozbehani. "Optimality and Performance of Analog to Digital Converters". In 49th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), 2010 , pp 1911–1918, December 2010, Atlanta, GA.
- M. Roozbehani, A. Megretski, E. Feron. "Optimal Fixed-Point Implementation of Digital Filters". In Proceedings of the 26th American Control Conference, July 2007, New York, NY, pp 3565-3569.
- M. Osqui, M. Roozbehani, A. Megretski, "Semidefinite Programming in Analysis and Optimization of Performance of Sigma-Delta Modulators for Low Frequencies". In Proc. the 26th American Control Conference, July 2007, New York, NY, pp 3582 -- 3587.
- M. Roozbehani, and C. R. Knospe. Robust Stability and Hinf Performance of Interval-Dependent Time-Delay Systems". In Proceedings of the 2005 American Control Conference, Portland, OR, June 2005, pp 4265-- 4270.
- M. Roozbehani, and C. R. Knospe. "A Mixed-IQC Approach to Nonlinear Delay- Dependent Analysis". In Proceedings of the 2004 American Control Conference, Boston, MA, July 2004, pp 4177-- 4182.
- The 2006-2007 American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics’ Graduate Award for research contributions on Safety Verification of Real-Time Software Systems.
- NSF CPS Medium: “Collaborative Research: Smart Power Systems of the Future: Foundations for Understanding Volatility and Improving Operational Reliability,” with M. Dahleh and S. K. Mitter
- Draper URAD Grant: “Future Power Systems: Markets, Models, and Architectures,” with M. Dahleh
- Siemens-MIT Collaborative Research Grant: “Methods for Optimal Control in Grids with Storage,” with S. K. Mitter and M. Dahleh.
- 6.041: Probabilistic System Analysis (Spring 2011)
- 6.041: Probabilistic System Analysis (Fall 2008)