- 2010 Princeton University, Ph.D.
- 2005 MIPT, M. S. (honors), Dept. General and Applied Physics
Yury Polyanskiy is an Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and a member of LIDS at MIT. Prof. Polyanskiy received his M.S. degree in applied mathematics and physics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Moscow, Russia in 2005 and Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Princeton University, Princeton, NJ in 2010. In 2000-2005 he lead the development of the embedded software in the Department of Oilfield Surface Equipment, Borets Company LLC (Moscow).
Prof. Polyanskiy won the 2016 Jerome Saltzer Teaching Award (MIT), 2013 NSF CAREER award and 2011 IEEE Information Theory Society Paper Award.
- Information theory
- Coding theory
- High-dimensional probability
- Fault- and defect-tolerant systems.
- Y. Polyanskiy and Y. Wu "Wasserstein continuity of entropy and outer bounds for interference channels," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 62, no. 7, pp. 3992--4002, Jul. 2016
- Y. Polyanskiy, "Upper bound on list-decoding radius of binary codes," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 1119--1128, Mar. 2016
- Y. Polyanskiy and Y. Wu, "Dissipation of information in channels with input constraints," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 35--55, Jan. 2016
- W. Yang, G. Durisi, T. Koch and Y. Polyanskiy, "Quasi-static multiple-antenna fading channels at finite blocklength," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 60, no. 7, pp.4232--4265, Jul. 2014.
- Y. Polyanskiy, "Saddle point in the minimax converse for channel coding," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 2576-2595, May 2013.
- Y. Polyanskiy, H. V. Poor and S. Verdú, "Channel coding rate in the finite blocklength regime," IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 2307-2359, May 2010.
6.02, 6.436, 6.441, 6.450, 6.UAR